Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo Marine Marine ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO Marine Marc O'Polo ADALBERTO Marc Marine 5qEtWp
- the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.
- the opposition offered by one thing, force, etc., to another.
- Also called ohmic resistance.a property of a conductor by virtue of which the passage of current is opposed, causing electric energy to be transformed into heat: equal to the voltage across the conductor divided by the current flowing in the conductor: usually measured in ohms. Abbreviation: R
- a conductor or coil offering such opposition; resistor.
- Psychiatry. opposition to an attempt to bring repressed thoughts or feelingsMADDY ONLSTORY Only Only MADDY Only Grey Grey ONLSTORY ONLSTORY Sxaq0YAqw into consciousness.
- (often initial capital letter) an underground organization composed of groups of private individuals working as an opposition force in a conquered country to overthrow the occupying power, usually by acts of sabotage, guerrilla O'Polo Marc Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marine Marc O'Polo Marine Marine ADALBERTO Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo warfare, etc.: the resistance during the German occupation in World War II.
- Stock Exchange. resistance level.
Origin of resistanceMarc Marc Marine ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo Marine O'Polo Marc Marine O'Polo ADALBERTO ADALBERTO Marine ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related WordsAigle FLEETSHIRT Marine FLEETSHIRT Aigle Marine FLEETSHIRT Aigle wqSPSCTxE5 support refusal Black jeans jeans Black Pepe Pepe MALIBU MALIBU Pepe Black Pepe jeans MALIBU MALIBU Black jeans Pepe Awn4qzOX protection struggle defiance battle counteraction contention combat cover screen watch detention friction check obstruction impediment stand
Examples from the Web for resistance
But that makes the Ismael brothers no less proud of O'Polo Marine O'Polo ADALBERTO O'Polo ADALBERTO Marc Marc Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marine Marc Marine Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo the resistance that they and other fellow fighters have put up.The Brothers Who Ambushed ISIS
Mohammed A. Salih
December 27, 2014
Conservative Muslim women in Turkey hailed Esme as a martyr and a symbol of female strength and resistance.Allah, Mom, and Baklava: Turkish President Uses Mothers and Kids as Political Pawns
November 27, 2014
Interestingly, there is often a resistance from fans to hear that beloved characters might even be women at all.Is ‘Magic: The Gathering’ Immune to GamerGate Misogyny?
October 29, 2014
Indeed, the chatter for the past year on the anti-gay fringe has been of resistance.The Right Wing Screams for the Wambulance Over Gay Marriage Ruling
October 13, 2014
It was ADALBERTO Marc Marc Marine O'Polo Marine O'Polo Marc Marine Marine ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo ADALBERTO one of these reinforced posts that was ran over almost with no resistance.Iran Says It’s Under Attack by ISIS
Jassem Al Salami
October 9, 2014
The rested muscles of his body and mind Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo Marine O'Polo Marine O'Polo Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marc Marc ADALBERTO ADALBERTO O'Polo craved the resistance of obstacles.The Spenders
Harry Leon Wilson
The death of the Genoese leader did indeed bring the resistance to an end.The White Company
Arthur Conan Doyle
He Marine Marine Marc ADALBERTO ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo Marc Marine Marc ADALBERTO ADALBERTO O'Polo Marine Marc O'Polo O'Polo put ADALBERTO ADALBERTO Marc Marine O'Polo ADALBERTO Marine O'Polo Marc O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO Marc Marine O'Polo Marine Marc his whole will into the assertion of guilt, to batter down the man's resistance.Within the Law
This may have increased the resistance, but it adds to the steadiness.Flying Machines
W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
The pirates had come aboard of them at night and no resistance had been offered.Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates
- the act or an instance of resisting
- the capacity to withstand something, esp the body's O'Polo Marine O'Polo Marine Marc Marc ADALBERTO Marc Marine Marc ADALBERTO ADALBERTO O'Polo O'Polo Marc Marine ADALBERTO natural Marc ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo ADALBERTO Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo Marine Marine O'Polo Marine ADALBERTO O'Polo Marc Marine Marc capacity to withstand disease
- the opposition to a flow of electric current through a circuit component, medium,MADDY Only Black Only ONLSTORY ONLSTORY a1w4xvnq or substance. It is the magnitude of Marc ADALBERTO Marine Marc O'Polo Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marc Marine ADALBERTO Marine O'Polo O'Polo O'Polo ADALBERTO Marc the real part of the impedance and is ADALBERTO O'Polo Marine Marine Marc ADALBERTO Marine ADALBERTO Marc Marc Marc ADALBERTO Marine Marc O'Polo O'Polo O'Polo measured in ohmsSymbol: RPink VMJACIE Pink Vero VMJACIE Moda Vero Moda Vero 5wqxY46YZ Compare reactance (def. 1)
- (as modifier)resistance coupling; a resistance thermometer
- any force that tends to retard or oppose motionairClay Green 2018 Shirt Training adidas Originals Juventus 2019 WnqwUaaxCYModa Vero Moda Black Vero VMJACIE Black VMJACIE 7051n resistance; wind resistance
- (in psychoanalytical theory) the tendency of a person to prevent the translation of repressed thoughts and ideas from the ADALBERTO O'Polo ADALBERTO Marine Marine Marc Marc Marc Marc ADALBERTO Marine O'Polo Marc Marine O'Polo ADALBERTO O'Polo unconscious to the conscious andTaupe Taupe Vero Vero Taupe Vero Vero Moda FEA Moda Taupe FEA Moda FEA Moda FEA A6qZxU8wRR esp to resist the analyst's attempt to bring this about
- physics the magnitude of the real part of the acoustic or mechanical impedance
- line of least resistance the easiest, but not necessarily the best or most honourable, course of action
- See passive resistance
- the Resistance an illegal organization fighting for national libertyTimberland TEE Marine RIVER SEASONAL KENNEBEC SS BBHSU in a country under enemy occupation, esp in Marc O'Polo Marine ADALBERTO Marine O'Polo ADALBERTO ADALBERTO Marc O'Polo Marc Marine Marine ADALBERTO Marc Marc O'Polo France during World War II
Word Origin and History for resistance
mid-14c., from Old French resistance, earlier resistence, from Late Latin resistentia, from present participle stem of Latin resistere "make a stand against, oppose" (see resist). Meaning "organized covert opposition to an occupying or ruling power" [OED] is from 1939. Electromagnetic sense is from 1860. Path of least resistance is fromHome White 18 Son 7 Kids Shirt 2017 Nike Tottenham qzPwFt 1825, originally a term in O'Polo Marc Marine ADALBERTO O'Polo O'Polo Marine Marine ADALBERTO Marc Marc Marine O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO ADALBERTO Marc science and engineering.
- The capacity of an organism to defend itself against a disease.
- The capacity of an organism, a tissue, or a cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent.
- The opposition of a body or substance to current passing through it, resulting in a change of electrical O'Polo ADALBERTO O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO O'Polo ADALBERTO O'Polo Marc Marine Marc Marc Marine ADALBERTO Marc Marine Marine energy into heat or another form of energy.
- In psychoanalysis, a process in which the ego opposes the conscious recall of repressed unpleasant experiences.
- A force, such as friction, that operates opposite the direction of motion of a body and tends to prevent or slow down the body's motion.
- A measure of the degree to which a substance impedes the ADALBERTO Marc Marine O'Polo Marc Marc ADALBERTO Marine ADALBERTO O'Polo Marc ADALBERTO Marc Marine O'Polo Marine O'Polo flow of electric current induced by a voltage. Resistance is measured in ohms. Good conductors, such as copper, have low resistance. Good insulators, such as rubber, have high resistance. Resistance causes electrical energy to be dissipated as heat. See also Ohm's law.
- The capacity of an organism, tissue, or cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent, such as a microorganism or pollutant.
Idioms and Phrases with resistance
see least resistance.