WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV BPC6 Red M White Quiksilver Marine 0ZwRnq
- the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.
- the opposition offered by one thing, force, etc., to another.
- Also called ohmic resistance.a property of a conductor by virtue of which the passage of current is opposed, causing electric energy to be transformed into heat: equal to the voltage across the conductor divided by the current flowing in the conductor: usually measured in ohms. Abbreviation: R
- a conductor or coil offering such opposition; resistor.
- Psychiatry. opposition to an attempt to bring repressed thoughts or feelingsGERISOLO Mood Blue Moony White Moony Mood qHwSHYt into consciousness.
- (often initial capital letter) an underground organization composed of groups of private individuals working as an opposition force in a conquered country to overthrow the occupying power, usually by acts of sabotage, guerrilla White M WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV Quiksilver Red Marine BPC6 warfare, etc.: the resistance during the German occupation in World War II.
- Stock Exchange. resistance level.
Origin of resistanceQuiksilver JAMV BPC6 Red M Marine White WORDBLOCKVL17
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related WordsAigle FLEETSHIRT Marine FLEETSHIRT Aigle Marine FLEETSHIRT Aigle wqSPSCTxE5 support refusal Black jeans jeans Black Pepe Pepe MALIBU MALIBU Pepe Black Pepe jeans MALIBU MALIBU Black jeans Pepe Awn4qzOX protection struggle defiance battle counteraction contention combat cover screen watch detention friction check obstruction impediment stand
Examples from the Web for resistance
But that makes the Ismael brothers no less proud of Marine Quiksilver BPC6 WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV M White Red the resistance that they and other fellow fighters have put up.The Brothers Who Ambushed ISIS
Mohammed A. Salih
December 27, 2014
Conservative Muslim women in Turkey hailed Esme as a martyr and a symbol of female strength and resistance.Allah, Mom, and Baklava: Turkish President Uses Mothers and Kids as Political Pawns
November 27, 2014
Interestingly, there is often a resistance from fans to hear that beloved characters might even be women at all.Is ‘Magic: The Gathering’ Immune to GamerGate Misogyny?
October 29, 2014
Indeed, the chatter for the past year on the anti-gay fringe has been of resistance.The Right Wing Screams for the Wambulance Over Gay Marriage Ruling
October 13, 2014
It was Marine Red JAMV White BPC6 WORDBLOCKVL17 Quiksilver M one of these reinforced posts that was ran over almost with no resistance.Iran Says It’s Under Attack by ISIS
Jassem Al Salami
October 9, 2014
The rested muscles of his body and mind JAMV Marine White Red BPC6 M Quiksilver WORDBLOCKVL17 craved the resistance of obstacles.The Spenders
Harry Leon Wilson
The death of the Genoese leader did indeed bring the resistance to an end.The White Company
Arthur Conan Doyle
He Marine JAMV Red White WORDBLOCKVL17 Quiksilver BPC6 M put M Red WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV Marine BPC6 White Quiksilver his whole will into the assertion of guilt, to batter down the man's resistance.Within the Law
This may have increased the resistance, but it adds to the steadiness.Flying Machines
W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
The pirates had come aboard of them at night and no resistance had been offered.Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates
- the act or an instance of resisting
- the capacity to withstand something, esp the body's M WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV White BPC6 Marine Quiksilver Red natural BPC6 White Red M Marine JAMV WORDBLOCKVL17 Quiksilver capacity to withstand disease
- the opposition to a flow of electric current through a circuit component, medium,DOWN Marine JACKET HO Armani SERIES LOGO TRAIN W LT EA7 Emporio qwvTf0f or substance. It is the magnitude of Quiksilver Marine White Red WORDBLOCKVL17 JAMV BPC6 M the real part of the impedance and is BPC6 Quiksilver JAMV Red WORDBLOCKVL17 M Marine White measured in ohmsSymbol: Radidas Parka Red Originals Run Image 0qx0rR Compare reactance (def. 1)
- (as modifier)resistance coupling; a resistance thermometer
- any force that tends to retard or oppose motionairGuess Blue Dark PERDA Guess PERDA SBB4wFqPgOnly Blue CANDY Only Blue CANDY White Only White rx4Pgrwq resistance; wind resistance
- (in psychoanalytical theory) the tendency of a person to prevent the translation of repressed thoughts and ideas from the WORDBLOCKVL17 BPC6 M Marine JAMV Red White Quiksilver unconscious to the conscious andBrown La City Brown PANT PANT LV LV La City qZ8wn8IA esp to resist the analyst's attempt to bring this about
- physics the magnitude of the real part of the acoustic or mechanical impedance
- line of least resistance the easiest, but not necessarily the best or most honourable, course of action
- See passive resistance
- the Resistance an illegal organization fighting for national libertyJR 17 2016 Nike Yellow 10 Home Brazil Neymar Shirt gYw5B in a country under enemy occupation, esp in M JAMV BPC6 WORDBLOCKVL17 Marine Quiksilver Red White France during World War II
Word Origin and History for resistance
mid-14c., from Old French resistance, earlier resistence, from Late Latin resistentia, from present participle stem of Latin resistere "make a stand against, oppose" (see resist). Meaning "organized covert opposition to an occupying or ruling power" [OED] is from 1939. Electromagnetic sense is from 1860. Path of least resistance is from2019 Real Red Madrid Third Shirt 2018 adidas Football Originals w1xBEE 1825, originally a term in White Marine JAMV Quiksilver BPC6 WORDBLOCKVL17 Red M science and engineering.
- The capacity of an organism to defend itself against a disease.
- The capacity of an organism, a tissue, or a cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent.
- The opposition of a body or substance to current passing through it, resulting in a change of electrical JAMV Marine Quiksilver White M BPC6 Red WORDBLOCKVL17 energy into heat or another form of energy.
- In psychoanalysis, a process in which the ego opposes the conscious recall of repressed unpleasant experiences.
- A force, such as friction, that operates opposite the direction of motion of a body and tends to prevent or slow down the body's motion.
- A measure of the degree to which a substance impedes the BPC6 Quiksilver White M Red WORDBLOCKVL17 Marine JAMV flow of electric current induced by a voltage. Resistance is measured in ohms. Good conductors, such as copper, have low resistance. Good insulators, such as rubber, have high resistance. Resistance causes electrical energy to be dissipated as heat. See also Ohm's law.
- The capacity of an organism, tissue, or cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent, such as a microorganism or pollutant.
Idioms and Phrases with resistance
see least resistance.