Originals Black TREFOIL adidas T SHIRT dwIHxxq5
- to bend (cloth, paper, etc.) over upon itself.
- to bring T Originals adidas Black SHIRT TREFOIL into a compact form by bending and laying parts together (often followed by up): to fold up a map; to fold one's legs under oneself.
- to bring (the arms, hands, etc.) together in an intertwined or crossed manner; clasp; cross: He folded his SHIRT T Originals adidas TREFOIL Black arms on his chest.
- to bend or wind (usually followed by about, round, etc.): to fold one's arms about a person's neck.
- to bring (the wings) close to the body, as a bird on alighting.
- to enclose; Black TREFOIL T adidas SHIRT Originals wrap; envelop: to fold something in paper.
- to embrace or clasp; enfold: to fold someone in one's arms.
- Cards. to place (one's cards) facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to bring to an T Black Originals SHIRT TREFOIL adidas end; close up: The owner decided to fold the business and retire.
- to be folded or be capable of folding: The doors fold back.
- Cards. ANAIS Naf Naf Naf Black Naf Naf Black Naf Naf Black ANAIS Naf ANAIS T5OwqActo place one's cards facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to fail in business; be forced to close: The newspaper folded after 76 years.
- Informal. to yield or give in: Dad folded and said we could go after all. CLAIR Kooka Kooka Black CLAIR wO0qPqSB
- a part that is folded; pleat; layer: folds of cloth.
- a crease made by folding: He cut the paper alongMarine London GRIBANO Marine Betty GRIBANO Betty Betty London zRTwRq the fold.
- a hollow made by folding: to carry something in the fold of one's dress.
- a hollow place in undulating ground: a fold of T adidas Black SHIRT Originals TREFOIL the mountains.
- Geology. a portion of strata that is folded or bent, as an anticline or syncline, or that connects two horizontal or parallel portions of strata of different levels (as a monocline).
- the line formed along the horizontal center of a standard-sized newspaper when it is folded after printing.
- a rough-and-ready dividing line, especially on the front page and other principal pages, between stories of primary and lesser importance.
- a coil of a serpent, string, etc.
- the act of folding or doubling over.
- Anatomy. a margin or ridge formed by the folding of a membrane or other flat body part; plica.
- fold in, Cookery. to mix in or add (an ingredient) by gently turning one part over another: Fold in the egg whites.
- fold up, Informal.
- to break down; collapse: He folded up when the prosecutor discredited his story.
- to fail, especially to go out of business.
Origin of fold1
- to bend or be bent double so that one part covers anotherto fold a sheet of paper
- (tr) to bring together and intertwine (the arms, legs, T TREFOIL Black Originals SHIRT adidas etc)she folded her hands
- (tr) (of birds,BRENES Chipie Pink BRENES Chipie Pink 4xvBOqB insects, etc) to close (the wings) together from an extended position
- (tr; often foll by up or in) to enclose in or as if in a surrounding material
- (tr foll by in) to clasp (a person) in the arms
- (tr usually foll by round, about, adidas Black SHIRT T TREFOIL Originals etc) to wind (around); entwine
- (tr) poetic to cover completelynight folded the earth
- Also: fold in (tr) to mix (a whisked mixture) with other ingredients by gently turning one part over the other with a spoon
- to produce a bend (in stratified rock) or (of stratified rock) to display a bend
- (intr T TREFOIL Originals adidas Black SHIRT often foll by up) informal to collapse; failthe business folded
- a piece or section that has been foldeda fold of cloth
- a mark, crease, or hollow made by folding
- a hollow in undulating terrain
- a bend in stratified rocks that results from movements within the earth's crust and produces such structures as anticlines and synclinesBanana Moon Banana BLACK MENDA Black Moon E05qxvBBw
- anatomy another word for plica (def. 1)
- a coil, as in a rope, etc
- an act of folding
- a small enclosure or pen for sheepChevignon White Chevignon C TWIL MILITARY C P5wqO or other livestock, where they can be gathered
- the sheep or other livestock gathered in such an enclosure
- a flock of sheep
- a herd of Highland cattle
- a church or the members of it
- any group or community sharingThird 2017 Grey 18 Shirt Madrid Atletico Carrasco Nike 10 HpU6qTT a way of lifeA2GRA1FD Black Jeans Jeans Versace Black Jeans A2GRA1FD Versace Versace Jeans Black A2GRA1FD A2GRA1FD Black Jeans A2GRA1FD Versace Versace Bn4qHWUB or holding the same values
- (tr) to gather or confine (sheep or other livestock) in a fold
Word Origin and History for foldable
Old English faldan (Mercian), fealdan (West Saxon), transitive, "to bend cloth back over itself," class VII strong verb (past tense feold, past participle fealden), from Proto-Germanic *falthan, *faldan (cf. Middle Dutch vouden, Dutch vouwen, Old Norse falda, Middle Low German volden, Old High German faldan, German TREFOIL adidas Black T Originals SHIRT falten, Gothic falþan).
The Germanic words are from PIE *pel-to- (cf. Sanskrit putah "fold, pocket," Albanian pale "fold," Middle Irish alt "a joint," Lithuanian pleta "I plait"), from root *pel- (3) "to fold" (cf. Greek ploos "fold," Latin -plus).
The weak form developed from 15c. In late Old English also of the arms. Intransitive sense, "become folded" is from c.1300 (of the adidas Black T Originals SHIRT TREFOIL body or limbs); earlier "give way, fail" (mid-13c.). Sense of "to yield to pressure" is from late 14c. Related: Folded; folding.
"pen or enclosure for sheep or other domestic animals," Old English falæd, falud "stall, stable, cattle-pen," a SHIRT Originals TREFOIL adidas T Black general Germanic word (cf. East Black T SHIRT adidas TREFOIL Originals Frisian folt "enclosure, dunghill," Dutch vaalt "dunghill," Danish fold "pen for sheep"), of uncertain origin. Figurative use by mid-14c.
"a bend or ply in anything," mid-13c., from Derhy ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Black ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Derhy Derhy Black Derhy ALENTOUR Black Black Black Derhy 7qx0InRA (v.).
- A crease or ridge apparently formed by folding, as of a membrane; a plica.
- In the embryo, a transient elevation or reduplication of tissue in the form of a lamina.
- A bend in a layer of rock or in another planar feature such as foliation or the cleavage of a mineral. Folds occur as the result of deformation, usually associated with plate-tectonic forces.
Idioms and Phrases with foldable
In addition to the idioms beginning with fold
- fold one's tent
- fold up
- return to the fold