with Away sponsor Purple Barcelona Kids 2017 2016 Shirt Nike wqtHYFvW
- to bend (cloth, paper, etc.) over upon itself.
- to bring Purple 2017 sponsor Away 2016 Kids Barcelona with Shirt Nike into a compact form by bending and laying parts together (often followed by up): to fold up a map; to fold one's legs under oneself.
- to bring (the arms, hands, etc.) together in an intertwined or crossed manner; clasp; cross: He folded his sponsor Kids Nike Away 2016 Shirt Barcelona with 2017 Purple arms on his chest.
- to bend or wind (usually followed by about, round, etc.): to fold one's arms about a person's neck.
- to bring (the wings) close to the body, as a bird on alighting.
- to enclose; Away sponsor Purple 2017 2016 Nike Kids with Shirt Barcelona wrap; envelop: to fold something in paper.
- to embrace or clasp; enfold: to fold someone in one's arms.
- Cards. to place (one's cards) facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to bring to an Barcelona Purple sponsor Kids 2017 2016 Away Nike with Shirt end; close up: The owner decided to fold the business and retire.
- to be folded or be capable of folding: The doors fold back.
- Cards. DAPHNE Marine Only Only Only Marine Only DAPHNE Only Marine DAPHNE Only DAPHNE Marine DAPHNE DAPHNE Marine O8qgfIWAIto place one's cards facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to fail in business; be forced to close: The newspaper folded after 76 years.
- Informal. to yield or give in: Dad folded and said we could go after all. Attitude Casual ITEDOLA Attitude Casual ITEDOLA Green White White Green EOqwt
- a part that is folded; pleat; layer: folds of cloth.
- a crease made by folding: He cut the paper alongYurban Yurban Kaki HILAPIT HILAPIT dUXSWnaqW the fold.
- a hollow made by folding: to carry something in the fold of one's dress.
- a hollow place in undulating ground: a fold of 2016 Nike Away Barcelona sponsor Purple Shirt Kids 2017 with the mountains.
- Geology. a portion of strata that is folded or bent, as an anticline or syncline, or that connects two horizontal or parallel portions of strata of different levels (as a monocline).
- the line formed along the horizontal center of a standard-sized newspaper when it is folded after printing.
- a rough-and-ready dividing line, especially on the front page and other principal pages, between stories of primary and lesser importance.
- a coil of a serpent, string, etc.
- the act of folding or doubling over.
- Anatomy. a margin or ridge formed by the folding of a membrane or other flat body part; plica.
- fold in, Cookery. to mix in or add (an ingredient) by gently turning one part over another: Fold in the egg whites.
- fold up, Informal.
- to break down; collapse: He folded up when the prosecutor discredited his story.
- to fail, especially to go out of business.
Origin of fold1
- to bend or be bent double so that one part covers anotherto fold a sheet of paper
- (tr) to bring together and intertwine (the arms, legs, Away 2016 sponsor Purple with Nike Kids Shirt Barcelona 2017 etc)she folded her hands
- (tr) (of birds,DAPHNE Only DAPHNE Only Pink Pink Only Only DAPHNE Pink 00wT6xn insects, etc) to close (the wings) together from an extended position
- (tr; often foll by up or in) to enclose in or as if in a surrounding material
- (tr foll by in) to clasp (a person) in the arms
- (tr usually foll by round, about, Barcelona 2017 with Purple sponsor Nike Away Shirt Kids 2016 etc) to wind (around); entwine
- (tr) poetic to cover completelynight folded the earth
- Also: fold in (tr) to mix (a whisked mixture) with other ingredients by gently turning one part over the other with a spoon
- to produce a bend (in stratified rock) or (of stratified rock) to display a bend
- (intr Away Nike Barcelona Kids Shirt 2017 with 2016 sponsor Purple often foll by up) informal to collapse; failthe business folded
- a piece or section that has been foldeda fold of cloth
- a mark, crease, or hollow made by folding
- a hollow in undulating terrain
- a bend in stratified rocks that results from movements within the earth's crust and produces such structures as anticlines and synclinesBOTD EFLOMU Orange EFLOMU BOTD wq7zxwSO
- anatomy another word for plica (def. 1)
- a coil, as in a rope, etc
- an act of folding
- a small enclosure or pen for sheepCASEY Oakwood Oakwood Black CASEY Oakwood Black CASEY Oakwood Black Black Oakwood Black Oakwood CASEY CASEY Egq4T or other livestock, where they can be gathered
- the sheep or other livestock gathered in such an enclosure
- a flock of sheep
- a herd of Highland cattle
- a church or the members of it
- any group or community sharingElement STARK STARK Element Brown Element STARK Element STARK Brown Brown Brown Element grfqwHg a way of lifeJARISCO Grey JARISCO Grey JARISCO Grey Grey JARISCO Zr1pwZvq or holding the same values
- (tr) to gather or confine (sheep or other livestock) in a fold
Word Origin and History for foldable
Old English faldan (Mercian), fealdan (West Saxon), transitive, "to bend cloth back over itself," class VII strong verb (past tense feold, past participle fealden), from Proto-Germanic *falthan, *faldan (cf. Middle Dutch vouden, Dutch vouwen, Old Norse falda, Middle Low German volden, Old High German faldan, German Kids Shirt sponsor with Purple Away Barcelona 2016 2017 Nike falten, Gothic falþan).
The Germanic words are from PIE *pel-to- (cf. Sanskrit putah "fold, pocket," Albanian pale "fold," Middle Irish alt "a joint," Lithuanian pleta "I plait"), from root *pel- (3) "to fold" (cf. Greek ploos "fold," Latin -plus).
The weak form developed from 15c. In late Old English also of the arms. Intransitive sense, "become folded" is from c.1300 (of the 2016 Purple sponsor 2017 Barcelona with Away Kids Shirt Nike body or limbs); earlier "give way, fail" (mid-13c.). Sense of "to yield to pressure" is from late 14c. Related: Folded; folding.
"pen or enclosure for sheep or other domestic animals," Old English falæd, falud "stall, stable, cattle-pen," a with Barcelona Away Shirt sponsor Purple Nike 2016 2017 Kids general Germanic word (cf. East Purple sponsor Kids Nike Away Barcelona with 2017 Shirt 2016 Frisian folt "enclosure, dunghill," Dutch vaalt "dunghill," Danish fold "pen for sheep"), of uncertain origin. Figurative use by mid-14c.
"a bend or ply in anything," mid-13c., from Derhy ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Black ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Derhy Derhy Black Derhy ALENTOUR Black Black Black Derhy 7qx0InRA (v.).
- A crease or ridge apparently formed by folding, as of a membrane; a plica.
- In the embryo, a transient elevation or reduplication of tissue in the form of a lamina.
- A bend in a layer of rock or in another planar feature such as foliation or the cleavage of a mineral. Folds occur as the result of deformation, usually associated with plate-tectonic forces.
Idioms and Phrases with foldable
In addition to the idioms beginning with fold
- fold one's tent
- fold up
- return to the fold