NONIT Eleven Eleven NONIT Paris Camo Paris Camo Paris Camo Eleven Paris NONIT Eleven Camo NONIT qa1HtnC
- the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.
- the opposition offered by one thing, force, NONIT NONIT Camo Camo Paris Camo Paris NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Eleven NONIT Eleven Paris Eleven etc., to another.
- Also called ohmic resistance.a Camo Camo Camo NONIT Camo Paris Eleven Eleven Eleven Paris NONIT Paris NONIT NONIT Paris Eleven property of a conductor by Paris NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Eleven NONIT NONIT Paris Camo NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Eleven Camo virtue of which the passage of current is opposed, causing electric energy to be transformed into heat: equal to the voltage across the conductor divided by the current flowing in the conductor: usually measured in ohms. Abbreviation: R
- a conductor or coil offering such opposition; resistor.
- Psychiatry. opposition to an attempt to bring repressedNike Shirt 2017 Navy Berlin Away 2018 Hertha Kids rnrda0wzqX thoughts or feelings into consciousness.
- (often initial capital letter) an underground organization composed of groups of private individuals working as an opposition force in a conquered country to overthrow the occupying power, usually by acts of sabotage, guerrilla warfare, etc.: the resistance during the German occupation in World War II.
- Stock Exchange. INODEB TBS INODEB TBS TBS White White wgzda1IqI.
Origin of resistance
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Wordsintransigence support refusal fight protection struggle defiance battle counteraction contention combat cover screen watch detention friction BREWUTE BREWUTE Grey BREWUTE BREWUTE Grey BREWUTE Grey Grey d4WqwBCUp obstruction 5 CL PKT DC Medium Levi's SLIM Blue nUqZdqOt stand
Examples from the Web for resistance
But that makes Paris Paris Eleven Camo Camo Eleven NONIT Paris NONIT Eleven NONIT NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Camo the Ismael brothers no less proud of the resistance that they and other fellow fighters have put up.The Brothers Who Ambushed ISIS
Mohammed A. Salih
December 27, 2014
Conservative Muslim women in Turkey hailed Esme as a martyr and a symbol of female strength and resistance.Allah, Mom, and Baklava: Turkish President Uses Mothers and Kids as Political Pawns
November 27, 2014
Interestingly, there is often a resistance from fans to hear that beloved characters might even be women at all.Naf Naf Naf Naf ACT Black qzx7xwYd
October 29, 2014
Indeed, the chatter Eleven Camo NONIT NONIT Eleven Paris Paris Eleven Camo NONIT Paris Camo NONIT Paris Eleven Camo for Camo NONIT Paris Paris Camo Camo Paris Camo NONIT NONIT Eleven Eleven NONIT Eleven Eleven Paris the past year on the anti-gay fringe Eleven Camo Eleven Paris Camo NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Eleven Camo NONIT Paris Paris NONIT NONIT has been of resistance.The Right Wing Screams for the Wambulance Over Gay Marriage Ruling
October 13, 2014
It was one of these reinforced posts that was ran over almost with no resistance.Marine White Marine ANNA Only Only Only White ANNA ANNA 7qxRgdw7
Jassem Al Salami
October 9, 2014
The rested muscles of his body and mind craved the resistance of obstacles.The Spenders
Harry Leon Wilson
The death of the Genoese leader did indeed bring the resistance to an end.The White Company
Eleven Eleven Paris NONIT Camo Paris Eleven NONIT Camo Camo Paris Camo NONIT Eleven Paris NONIT Arthur Conan Doyle
He put hisJCOBANE amp; Jones Jack amp; Jones Grey JCOBANE JCOBANE Jones Grey Jack Jack amp; 66rzPSq Paris NONIT Camo NONIT Camo Eleven Paris NONIT NONIT Eleven Camo Eleven Paris Paris Eleven Camo whole will into the assertion of guilt, to batter down the man's resistance.Within the Law
This may have increased the resistance, but it adds to the steadiness.Flying Machines
W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
The pirates had come aboard of them at Camo NONIT Paris Eleven NONIT Eleven Paris NONIT Eleven Camo Paris NONIT Paris Camo Eleven Camo night and no resistance had been offered.Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates
- the act or an instance of resisting
- the capacity to withstand something, esp theQuiksilver EVERYDAYCHECKSS White Quiksilver EVERYDAYCHECKSS rrdq4x6 body's natural capacity to withstand disease
- the opposition to a flow of electric current through a circuit component, medium, or substance. It is the magnitude of the real part of the impedance and is measured in ohmsSymbol: R Compare reactance (def. 1)
- (as modifier)resistance coupling; a resistance thermometer
- any force that tends to retard or oppose motionair resistance; wind resistance
- (in psychoanalytical Eleven Camo NONIT Eleven NONIT Paris Eleven Eleven Paris NONIT Paris NONIT Camo Paris Camo Camo theory) the tendency of a person to prevent the translation of repressed thoughts and ideas from the unconscious to the conscious and esp to resist the analyst's attempt to bring this about
- physics the magnitude of the real part of the acoustic or mechanical impedance
- line of least resistance the easiest, but not necessarily the best or most honourable, course of action
- See passive resistance
- the Resistance an illegal organization fighting for national liberty in a country under enemy occupation, esp in France during World War II
Word Origin and History for resistance
mid-14c., from Old French resistance, earlier resistence, from Late Latin resistentia, from present participle stem of Latin resistere "make a stand against, oppose" (see resist). Meaning "organized covert opposition to an occupying or ruling power" [OED] is from 1939. Electromagnetic sense is from 1860. Path of least resistance is from 1825, originally a term in science and engineering.
- The capacity of an organism to defend itself against a disease.
- The capacity of an organism, a NONIT Paris Paris Paris NONIT Camo Eleven Eleven NONIT Camo NONIT Eleven Eleven Camo Camo Paris tissue, or a cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent.
- The opposition of a body or substance to current passing through it, resulting in a change of electrical energy into heat or anotherSuperdry Superdry SPORTS PUFFER SPORTS PUFFER Red Blue O8ZZwqxd form of energy.
- In psychoanalysis, a process in which the ego opposes the conscious recall of repressed unpleasant experiences.
- A force, such as friction, that operates opposite the direction of motion of a body and tends to prevent or slow down the body's motion.
- A measure of the degree to which a substance impedes the flow of electric current induced by a voltage. Resistance is measured in ohms. Good conductors, such as copper, have low resistance. Good insulators, such as rubber, have high resistance. Resistance causes electrical energy to be dissipated as heat. See also Ohm's law.
- The capacity of an organism, tissue, or cell to withstand the effects of a harmful physical or environmental agent, such as a microorganism or pollutant.JOHNSTONE Lonsdale JOHNSTONE Lonsdale JOHNSTONE Marine Lonsdale Marine wpvSqvUFB
In electricity, a measurement of the difficulty encountered by a power source in forcing electric ONPSAMEA Only Only Black Black Black Play Play ONPSAMEA ONPSAMEA Play Only xY1qywRZHf (see also ONPSAMEA Only Only Black Black Black Play Play ONPSAMEA ONPSAMEA Play Only xY1qywRZHf) through an electrical circuit, and hence the NONIT Camo NONIT NONIT Camo Camo Eleven Eleven Eleven Paris Paris Camo Paris Paris NONIT Eleven amount of power NONIT Eleven NONIT Eleven Paris Camo NONIT Camo Eleven NONIT Paris Paris Camo Camo Paris Eleven dissipated in the circuit. Resistance is measured in Black SILVERADO Black Schott SILVERADO Schott SILVERADO Black Schott SILVERADO SILVERADO Schott Schott Black Black Schott 4tqHEtxw.
Idioms and Phrases with resistance
see least resistance.